Friday, January 7, 2011

Most Expensive Bananas Ever!

I haven't blogged in awhile just cause I haven't had anything really to say.  Christmas was good, the week after was busy.  I feel like I'm just waiting on this baby to come now and it's going to take forever.  I'm due February 19th, 2011 and that leaves me with exactly 43 days until then.  I realize that not all babies come on their due date (in fact I think it's only like 5%) and I've yet to make it to my due date with the other two girls.  Abby was 7 days early and Kate was 9 days early.  So if I average them I should have this baby by the 11th at the latest.

Wishful thinking I know.  Between now and then I'm going to be turning 30 and because I'm preggo I wont even be able to drown my sorrows.  Did you realize that every face cream, anti-aging cream and wrinkle cream commercial talks about women over the age of 30 should be using these creams.  30?!?!?!?!?!  Really, since when is that old?  Like once I hit the magical big 3-0 my face is going to fall into my neck?  While when I look at my hands and they do look older than when I was 20 I imagine that they should.  After all in the last 10 years I was married, divorced, remarried and am having my third child.  A lot has happened in the last decade and so I should look wiser for the life I've led.  Not everything has been easy and so I should look like life has happened.  How do you pick and choose which creams you need?

I don't have wrinkles, gray hair or dry skin.  I'm hoping to lose the baby weight quickly and maybe I'll have some wrinkles after that but I don't think stretch marks on my belly are considered wrinkle and Oil of Olay isn't going to fix those.

Talking to my mom yesterday I told her about the creams age limit and she just laughed.  She is 52 and a young 52 at that.  She just said at least you don't have to take senior vitamins.  Apparently society has deemed 30 and 50 as the age markers for women.  Once you are 50 your body need different vitamins and the retards call them the senior or silver vitamins.  My mom is the farthest thing from a senior citizen and it sucks that because of a number she has to buy vitamins with this label on them.  What is society doing to our self worth?

My mom is awesome.  She knows that we are broke with it being winter and so yesterday we went shopping for the new baby.  I went through my clothes for this new little one and she doesn't have any, I mean NO newborn clothes.  I found one lightweight sleeper and  a t-shirt.  So I decided that since I had some extra money I would go shopping to try to get some sleepers and the misc. crap that I need for her.  So we went to the outlet mall and shopped at Carter's and got some really cute sleepers and outfits for her to wear that will be warm.  Well, Mom wouldn't let me pay for them.  So I figured that was OK.  We then went to Target so I could buy her some diapers, new nipples for the bottles, Evening Primrose Oil, breast pads and other such misc items.  Well, Mom added Bananas to the cart.  Then proceeded to cut me off in the check out line and pay for those as well.  Once we got home she walks away with bananas and I walk away with 4 bags worth of clothes and such for my children.  Those were the most expensive bananas I've ever seen. 

My mom is the best.  She is not only my best friend and I can talk to her about anything, she takes care of me, loves my children, doesn't tell me how to raise my children, and over all is one of the most amazing people that I have ever met.  I only can hope that there are other people out there who are lucky enough to have a mother like I do.  I can only aspire to be a mother like her someday. 

Thank you for being my mom, Mom!!!

2 comments:

  1. So I know that I dont know you... Im following from baby center (feb mommy) and I just thought I would say that indeed mommies are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shantel: You need to print this out and include it in your mother's day card to her this year. PS you will be at my wedding, so perhaps send it early. :-)

    ReplyDelete