Friday, March 25, 2011

I have special powers... you can too!!!

I've decided that I have special powers.  Yep, super human style powers.  I have 'gut feelings'.  Yep.  Every vehicle that I have purchased has 'spoken' to me before I bought it. 

My house spoke to me from a short sentence in a newspaper.  I read the description (literally only about 15 words) and I knew without a doubt in my heart that it was my house.  When I drove into the drive way for the first time it was like I was coming home.  I KNEW that this was my home and that no matter what happen I would own it.  I was home. 

Jason read me a description of our current van.  I told him to go buy it.  We had been shopping for a new van for a few years and nothing had worked out.  We hadn't found the right one yet.  Within 2 seconds of hearing about this van I told him to go up, drive it, once he ascertained that it was mechanically sound to sign the papers.  Not only was it supposed to be our van because it works out perfectly but it also lowered our payment too. 

This happens whenever something is suppose to happen.  I've learned that God gives you what you need, when you need it.  If you listen to your gut you will realize that it's God telling you what you are supposed to do.  It is a giant waving flag that tells you, "DO IT!!!  THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOURS!!!"  It might be as simple as what shirt to buy, what to have for dinner, or what job to apply for.  He will direct you to the right path if you let him.  If it feels right, truly and absolutely right, then follow your instincts.  It will rarely ever lead you wrong. 

Word of advice, if you are under the influence of any mood altering drug, DO NOT trust this 'gut feeling'.  It is wrong.  God doesn't want you to cheat on your spouse because the hottest guy/girl you've ever seen wants to sleep with you. It is not a sign!  God doesn't want you to jump of a roof because it sounds like a really good idea.  "Yes, that couch will absorb your fall."  No it wont.  You will end up with broken bones.

So with this public service message, please stop and thank God for all that you have.  If you've listened to your gut instinct and it was the right thing for you, it wasn't your stellar instincts, it was God.  Thank Him.  He deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment