Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shelfari

Shelfari is a website that allows you to organize the books you've read, plan to read and are currently reading.  It shows you all the information regarding each book, you can choose editions and pretty much anything that you want to see.  I started using it 2 years ago and since then I have read almost 300 books and plan to read about 50 currently.  I find that it is very easy to add books to my to be read shelf and then not always get to them.  But if I ever get stumped when I want to read something new then I can always look at what I thought sounded good in the past.  It really helps me keep track of my reading.  I like to know what books I've read so that I don't try to read them again.  I have a tendency to forget that I read it and try to read it again.  Oops...

Tomorrow is Alex's baptism.  Today I'm supposed to be cleaning and cooking.  So far I'm putzing online because Jason is holding Alex and I CAN!  I have to go to Walmart to get the meat and cheese trays, the cake and a few of the last minute purchases.  I decided to let Walmart do the most of the work for me.  This way I only need to make a few salads.  And another cake.

For those of that don't know I idolize Paula Deen and her desserts.  I have yet to make anything from her recipes that isn't AMAZING!  So for tomorrow I plan to make German Chocolate Gooey Cake.  Yep, doesn't that sound amazing?  I also made Homemade Kit Kat Bars, yes, from Paula Deen too. 

So I suggest that you go to her website and pick out one of her amazing desserts and make it!  Plan on using butter though, real butter too.  It's her favorite ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment