Monday, March 14, 2011

Well, the baptism went well.  The service was good.  Let me tell you what sitting in the front of the church is troubling for me.  I have 3 small kids.  They don't sit nicely and listen to the service.  Nope, they get the activity books and color, draw, fight, drive cars around the pews.  We are entertaining to watch when you aren't me.  I feel that when we are in the front of the church everyone is watching us instead of listening to the sermon. 

So the actual baptism went well.  Except for one little glitch.  They light a candle, the hand it to the sponsor.  Sponsor has to hold it for a few minutes while the pastor talks some more...  picture this now... Justin is standing there holding a lit candle for a few minutes.  What does wax do as it melts?  Drips.  Right onto Justin's hand.  Brave man that he is, he doesn't even flinch.  Not a single change in his facial expression.  What a brave, brave man.  I applaud him.  I would have flinched at the very least.

So we go back to our seats and Abby has to potty.  So Jason takes her to the bathroom, has to walk down the center aisle, in front of everyone.  3 steps into the processional she looses her shoe, Daddy doesn't realize this for 3 more steps.  Now church is laughing at us.  Not being mean, just laughing. 

5 minutes later, Abby now has to poop.  So I'm feeding Alex and so Jason can't get out of the pew... Grandma Sig takes her this time.  Again we are the entertainment in church.  I love hearing kids during the service because it shows the life and vitality of the church.  To me a church without young children and families feels like a dying church.  Who's going to keep coming when the older generation dies?  So a crying baby is a good thing for me.  I just prefer that if it's going to be my child doing the crying it is in the back of the church.

We came home and had a great lunch with the family.  Alex got some really cute gifts and the older kids had fun opening the presents.  All in all it was a great day. Now I have a few weeks left before going back to work with nothing to do but enjoy the remaining time left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment