Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilting...

So I LOVE Ebay!!!  It is the best website for finding cheap things!  I found a package of pre-cut 5" quilting fabric squares from Moda called Freebird.  They are a mildly retro print that has tons of colors and is basically gender neutral leaning towards girl because of some of the butterflies on a few of the squares.  I got 126 of these squares for $19.99 plus $3.99 shipping.  It took only 3 days to get them and that is pretty impressive!

So I got them and couldn't hold back, I had to start sewing them together.  I have very little sewing prowess and figured that I would just try to square them up and sew them together.  So I sat down and with the help of Abby we sewed them together.  I got half of this done and am going to JoAnn Fabrics tomorrow morning to try to find some backing material and batting.  I'm so excited to get this done!  But it's going to be a big let down once it is done as it will be over.  I will be super proud to have constructed this from my own two hands for my new little one but once it's done I wont have anything to work on.  It's like sex, you get excited to do it, get into the action and feelings and then you blow your wad and it's all over and all you have left is the clean up.  Satisfying but over too quickly!

 sorry fuzzy again...

So, I feel like I should limit myself and only work a little bit on it every day to make it last but I can't.  I'm like a 10 year old boy and that I should only eat 2 pcs of Halloween Candy every day to make it last but no, instead I gorge myself on it and feel sick all day just cause I ate it all in one day!

So I've been working on this blog for about a week now and I've realized that I must be a bit ADD because every day it's something different.  I have written about mud trucks, crocheting, quilting, grocery shopping, budgets, and family life.  I keep thinking that I should focus on one subject and keep each post about that topic but my life isn't focused on one topic.  I'm a mother of 2.53 girls, married to a great, however occasionally stubborn man, I like to create things in my free time and I can't keep my mind focused on just crocheting or just quilting or scrapbooking.  I think that I will continue to write about whatever is going on in my life at that moment and I hope that you all are enjoying my rambling and that you can at least find something that speaks to some aspect of your life.

Until the next crazy topic comes up...

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! I wish I had the gumption for quilting.

    ReplyDelete